Please follow this link to have a look at my work on risk analysis in ICT. I'm interested in examining the economic consequences of network design and management policies. Another issue I consider as quite relevant is the choice of risk management strategies. The subject is bound to cross with traditional reliability analysis, but focuses on the value attached to customers and services. As to risk management policies, again, the focus is on non network-centric countermeasures, such as insurance rather than traditional network management alone.
Here are the papers I've published so far on the subject (I've also enclosed some paper devoted to financial risk, given the closeness of the subject):
- Piotr Cholda and Eirik Larsen Folstad and Bjarne E. Helvik and Pirkko Kuusela and Maurizio Naldi and Ilkka Norros. Towards risk-aware communications networking. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, vol. 109, 2013, pp. 160-174 BibTex entry
- Maurizio Naldi. The availability of cloud-based services: is it living up to its promise? 9th International Conference on Design of Reliable Communication Networks DRCN 2013, Budapest, Hungary, March 4-7, 2013, pp. 282-289 BibTex entry
- Maurizio Naldi, Giuseppe D'Acquisto, Loretta Mastroeni. Solution Space Size in Credit Risk Simulation. 15th International Conference on Modelling and Simulation UKSim 2013, Cambridge, 10-12 April 2013, pp. 101-106 BibTex entry
- Loretta Mastroeni, Maurizio Naldi. Compensation Policies and Risk in Service Level Agreements: A Value-at-Risk Approach under the ON-OFF Service Model. 7th International Workshop on Internet Charging and QoS Technologies ICQT 2011, Paris, France, October 24, 2011. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 6995, Springer, pp. 2-13 BibTex entry
- Loretta Mastroeni, Maurizio Naldi. Network protection through insurance: Premium computation for the ON-OFF service model. 8th International Workshop on the Design of Reliable Communication Networks (DRCN), Krakow, Poland, 10-12 October 2011, pp. 46-53 BibTex entry
- Loretta Mastroeni, Maurizio Naldi. Violation of Service Availability Targets in Service Level Agreements. Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, Szczecin (Poland), 18 -21 September 2011, pp. 537-540 BibTex entry
- Giuseppe D'Acquisto, Loretta Mastroeni, Maurizio Naldi. Simulation of Correlated Financial Defaults through Smoothed Cross-Entropy. 14th International Conference on Modelling and Simulation UKSIM 2012, Cambridge, 28-30 March 2012, pp. 129-134.
- Loretta Mastroeni, Maurizio Naldi. Long-range Evaluation of Risk in the Migration to Cloud Storage. IEEE Conference on Commerce and Enterprise Computing CEC 2011, Luxembourg, 5-7 September 2011, pp. 260-266 BibTex entry
- M. Naldi, G. D'Acquisto. A normal copula model for the economic risk analysis of correlated failures in communications networks. Journal of Universal Computer Science, vol. 14, no. 5, 2008, pp. 786-799