Through the always interesting blog of Arthur Charpentier I've seen a fascinating graphical view of many facets of the Internet. Several issues are addressed through 40 maps (you can explore the whole set of maps here), which are divided into 6 groups:
- How the Internet was created (maps 1-8)
- Internet around the world (maps 9-16)
- Threats to the Internet (maps 17-22)
- The geography of online services (maps 23-29)
- How America gets online (maps 30-35)
- How we use the Internet (maps 36-40)
It really deserves a visit!